Friday 2 December 2016

Reflection

After attending twenty hours of the Technical communication module TLM1010 here is a reflection of some of the assignments done and what I have learned. In these 10 weeks some of the assigments done are writing thesis,problem and purpose statements and support these statement with evidence,applying APA citation style,writing summaries with paraphrases and presenting ideas to further improve a product.

From attending classes and doing  group projects I got to know my fellow classmates better by working with different groups of people.Attending the TLM1010 class is enjoyable and I felt it is a break from studying a enginnering module.Though the classes were fun and enjoyable I felt that this  module could be further extended to more than twenty hours as the some of the assigments given within these ten weeks could be done better if it were stretched over a longer period of time.

One of the more memorable experince I got from this module would be the sales pitch assigment.By doing this presentation and obtaining genuine feedback from both instructor and peers I learned that so much could be improved on my presentaion skills, such as depending lesser on slides while presenting and putting in a little more enthusiasm into the sales pitch.I enjoyed watching my fellow classmates giving their sales pitch and learned from their presentation skills. I will try to improve on my future presentaions by putting these feedbacks into action.

Overall I enjoyed attending the Technical communication module classes and will apply the writing and presenting skills learned from this module into future work.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Syafiq, for this clear, concise reflection summarizing some of the key assignments and your feelings about those. I'm glad you appreciated doing these tasks. It's interesting that the pitch, even with its stress, invigorated you. It's heartening to know that you found value in the feedback you received.

    All the best as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete